With ADDI-DATA measurement solutions you can connect up to 24 BiSS-C encoders and acquire the position values of absolute encoders. In combination with the digital bidirectional interface BiSS-C absolute encoders provide the position value directly, without reference run. BiSS-C is preferentially used for applications with highly precise positioning and high repeat accuracy. Diagnostic data like temperature, line break, etc. can also be transferred.
High requirements for the subsequent electronics
Whether PC-based or distributed – the BiSS-C interface has high requirements to the subsequent electronics: Precise position detection at high frequency, velocity, robustness and interference-resistance are significant for the subsequent electronics.
BiSS-C solutions by ADDI-DATA
APCIe-1711: counter board with 10 MHz inputs, PCI Express
APCI-8008: intelligent motion control board, PCI
MSX-E1701*: intelligent Ethernet counter system
* BiSS-C function in preparation
BiSS-C is an open source bidirectional synchronous-serial interface for position measurement devices. It is a real-time interface that allows to read out absolute position values and parameters, to write status and initialisation registers and to transfer additional information about the position value. In addition, ADDI-DATA BiSS-C solutions support the evaluation of diagnostic values and access to the OEM memory. Data is transferred serially.
Benefits of BiSS-C
- Point-to-point or multi-slave network (bus configuration)
- Isochronous, real-time capable data transfer, frequency depends on the subsequent electronics
- Signal delay time compensation for each cycle
- High contour accuracy
- High transmission safety
- No need for additional sensors: Evaluation (temperature, limit switch, etc.)
- Serial transmission: only 4 lines necessary
(6 lines when using bus)
- Automatic parameterisation through electronic type plate